Citilink’s Travel Training Program is to provide support, encouragement, and training to any individual/group that is interested in utilizing public transportation. This program can help individuals in gaining their independence, learn the rules of public transportation, and how to easily and safely use a shared ride through our community.
Travel Training is:
- A free service – you just pay for your bus fare!
- Available to anyone – if you are under 18 years old, we require a consent form.
- Available for one individual or a maximum of a group of 10!
What do I learn in the Travel Training Program?
- Reading maps/schedules
- Using our DoubleMap and Token Transit apps
- Buying your bus fare and passes
- How to cross the street, wait at a bus stop, and walk to your bus
- Boarding, riding, and alighting a bus
- Identifying your correct stop and bus
- And so much more!
8 am to 5 pm *based on availability we can be flexible at times to schedule outside of this time.
Citilink Travel Trainer to inquire about this program or schedule your first session or call 260-265-1753.
If you are an organization, group, or company that is interested in Citilink’s Travel Trainer coming to your location to present to your group about Citilink and how this program works or the route that is by your building – please reach out to schedule as well.