What is Fixed Route Service?
Fixed route service is what most people are familiar with—buses traveling regular routes at scheduled times. Days of operation and service hours vary by route. View Route schedules or Citilink's system map page.
The Citilink Fixed Route bus system consists of 14 regularly scheduled routes.
Many area attractions from shopping and restaurants to amusements and accommodations are serviced by Citilink Fixed Routes. You can rely on Citilink to provide transportation to area employers and services, including all major medical centers and hospitals.
Advantages of Fixed Route Service include:
- “Big Bus” Operations
- Shared Ride service
- You come to the bus
- 9 routes serving Fort Wayne
- 1 route serving New Haven
- 2 Flexlink routes that serve Aboite & Dupont areas.
- campusLink route serving Ivy Tech & IPFW
- MedLink route linking two Parkview Medical Centers
- 100% Accessible equipment
- Mainly hub and spoke system (downtown transfer point)
- Fare: $1.25 per trip ($0.60 for youth, disabled and elderly with Citilink photo ID)
Advantages of Transit vs. Car:
- No parking problems or vehicle break-ins
- Lowers automotive costs
- Sit back and relax
- No traveling alone
- Explore city safely
- Bike and ride
- Reduce air pollution
- You don’t have to call in advance for a ride
- The bus runs on a schedule you can count on
- The buses go to many places in community
- All buses are completely accessible
- Short waiting periods
- More economical than Access paratransit